Welcome to Amber Properties. Please read this policy carefully. It applies between you, the user of this Website and us, Amber Properties, the owners and providers of this Website. This policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and sets out how we will treat your personal information. By using our Website, you accept this policy in full. If you disagree with any part of this policy, you must not use our Website.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 3;
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to us via the Website. This shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“User”, “You” and “Your” means any party that accesses the Website that is not employed by us and acting in the course of their employment; and
“We/Us/Our” means Amber Properties, of Regents Pavilion, 4 Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6JB;
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (www.amberproperties.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
1. Scope of this Policy: This policy applies only to our actions and the actions of any Users with respect to this Website.
2. What information do we collect? We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation);
b) any other information that you choose to send to us; and
c) any other information that we may receive.
3. Cookies: A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
4. Using your personal information: Personal information will be used for the purposes specified in this policy. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see clause 7 below. We may use your personal information to:
a) administer the Website;
b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
c) send statements and invoices to you;
d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
f) send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, if you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
g) provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website.
5. Disclosures: We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this policy. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
6. International data transfers: Any information that may be collected, stored and processed in the UK or worldwide will be subject to and in accordance with this policy. Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit when following us on social media will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
7. Security of your personal information: We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8. Accessing your own Data: You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to our right to charge an administration fee (currently fixed at £25.00); and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
10. Changes of Business Ownership and Control: We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of the business. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us. In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted and informed of the changes.
11. Intellectual property rights: Unless otherwise stated, we, or our affiliates, own the intellectual property rights in the Website and material on the Website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
12. Limitation and exclusion of warranties and liability: Whilst every reasonable endeavour has been made to ensure that all information provided on this Website is accurate and up to date, we make no warranty or representation that this is the case. We cannot guarantee that the Website will remain available or that the material on the Website will be kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this Website and the use of this Website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). We make no warranty or representation that this Website will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all computer systems, or that it will be secure.
Nothing in this policy will limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in this policy: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the policy or in relation to the subject matter of this policy, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
The information on this Website is not designed with commercial purposes in mind and commercial use is prohibited. Any such use constitutes a breach of our terms and conditions and we make no representation or warranty that the content of this Website is suitable for use in commercial situations or that it constitutes accurate data and/or advice on which business decisions can be based. We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that any and all descriptions of services available from us correspond to the actual services available, we are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
13. Variation: We may revise this policy from time-to-time. The revised policy will apply to the use of our Website from the date of the publication of the revised policy on our Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
15. Law and jurisdiction: This policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this policy will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16. Our details: If you have any questions about this policy, please write to us by email at email@example.com.